Having just munched every combination of pancake I could make using simple office ingredients.... Nutella, lemon, honey etc I found this gorgeous and very indulgent recipe for Pancake Smores which I'm going to try tonight. (Worth noting incase you see it coming up a LOT more frequently in my blog that Smores are my new favourite obsession since I spent a whole night recently drinking Smores cocktails in the States... a little piece of heaven if I may say so!) So here goes:
Whole Wheat Chocolate Smores Pancakes
Makes 8-10 3” pancakes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons sour cream
Marshmallow Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup marshmallow Fluff
2 tablespoons boiling water
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and salt.
2. In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the egg into the milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Add the sour cream and give the batter one final stir.
3. Spoon a quarter cup of batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after 3-4 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.
4. For the Marshmallow sauce, stir Fluff and water together in a small bowl. Drizzle over pancakes.
5. Add some grated chocolate flakes and mini marshmallows to serve and voila!