Friday 18 November 2011

Hair free for Summer 2012?

I know it seems like a really really long time away but now is the optimal time to start with Laser Hair Removal if you’re thinking about doing it in time for next Summer. Here’s the down low on my experience of the process:

The place: Laserway Dundrum (located in the Dundrum shopping centre)

The therapists: All of them are fab!



The process: Over the space of about a year I went every month to get a treatment done. The treatment lasted about one hour each time (I was getting quite a few areas done so this can be a lot less). They have a fantastic new laser machine here that is virtually pain free. It’s a little bit like the whole waxing thing where you will find that some areas are more sensitive then others but overall it’s not too bad at all. You’ll have shaved the area in advance of coming in, they then apply a cooling aloe vera gel and the laser is rubbed over your skin for short periods of time.

The results: Were incredible. I can’t speak highly enough of this treatment. If you have strong dark hair it’s a must. I’m still waiting to hear from someone who’s had lighter hair try it out but from my experience and a few of my friends so far I’ve heard nothing but good things.

Things to note: You cannot go out in the sun during or before the process for a few months – hence now is a good time to get it done while you’re wrapped up in your winter woolies.

You also can’t use fake tan during the process – again good time to be wrapped up in tights etc!

It is so important to go somewhere reputable. This is not a treatment where I would recommend going for the cheapest deal. It’s too risky when lasers are involved. Do your research before you sign up!



www.laserway.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment